We are also selling speakers for this module.
This is a small but very powerful audio amplifier which is able to deliver 2.5 Watts into 4-8 ohm impedance speakers.
It is based on Class D controller circuit that can be operated with 2.0V-5.5V DC. Since the amp is a class D, its very efficient (over 90% efficient when driving an 8Ω speaker at over half a Watt) – making it compatible and perfect for portable and battery-powered projects.
It has built in thermal and over-current protection circuit as well.
There is a volume trimpot (a volume controller) so that you can adjust the volume on the board down from the default 24dB gain.
If you have been using LM386 based audio amplifier, you can call this as an upgrade.
The A+ and A- inputs of the PAM8302 amplifier go through 1.0uF capacitors which make it fully ‘differential’ – if you don’t have differential outputs, simply connect the Audio- pin to the ground. The output is “Bridge Tied” – that means the output pins connect directly to the speaker pins, no connection to ground. The output is a high frequency 250KHz square wave PWM that is then ‘averaged out’ by the speaker coil – which makes the higher frequencies silent. You don’t need to connect to another amplifier, this module should drive the speakers directly.
The kit is fully assembled and tested.
- Output Power: 2.5W at 4Ω, 10% THD, 1.5W at 8Ω, 10% THD, with 5.5V Supply
- 50dB PSRR at 1KHz
- Filterless design, with ferrite bead + capacitors on output.
- Fixed 24dB gain, onboard trim potentiometer for adjusting input volume.
- Thermal and short-circuit/over-current protection
- Low current draw: 4mA quiescent and 1uA in shutdown mode
Dimensions (without 0.1″ header):
- 15mm x 24mm x 2mm / 0.6″ x 0.9″ x 0.08″
- Weight: 1.4g